Thursday, October 1, 2009

2009 Mirror Lake Trip!

This last week, my family, our cousins, and a friend, enjoyed a trip out to Mirror Lake to fish, boat, and hang out in the cabin playing games and having fun. We all had a great time, and got very wet! (As it rained for most of the time!)
John did a great job driving the skiff!


(left to right) Cousins: Lacey, Kendall, Carrie, Joanna
This was taken on the dock in town before getting on a float plane to head out to the lake.



Boating was one of our favorite things to do. However, we did have some problems... like the time when Paul took his skiff out and forgot to check the gas, result: towing his boat back to the dock (pictured here).



...if you want to go fishing, you're going to get wet...
(we fished anyway, of course!)


Carrie playing cards in the cabin.


Emma and a fish
breakfast... Mirror Lake style


Goodbye Mirror Lake...

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you posted your Mirror Lake pics! Looks like fun! Molly and Riley and Luke got a kick out of seeing what you posted! Hope you have a good evening!
    hold fast,
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous....

    What a great trip you all had. I can see why they call it Mirror Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun, Alaska style, of course! Funny thing is, one would assume it was just a bunch of kids having fun at the lake since it looks like the only job the adults had was to see you off on a float plane at the beginning. :-)The Baxters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha... well, yes we did let the adults come along. :) I guess they just didn't quite make it into the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really nice pictures. I hope that you all had a really good, relaxing time there. :)

    ReplyDelete