Pictured: on the plane to Portland, Oregon. We arrived in Oregon in the evening and enjoyed the next day with our friends.
In the afternoon we got in the car and drove for about an hour and a half to the retreat place. It was a beauitful drive! ...Lots of beauitful fall-colored trees!
Here's a pictures of the beutiful lawn at the retreat center. The landscaping and building were very lovely, and we were amazed to find out that all the work was done by volunteers from a church! It was a very nice, relaxing place!
There was about 85 people at the retreat... it was a nice group... not to large. We met lots of very nice people. Nancy Cambell (the creater of the magazine for mothers and women called, Above Rubies) was the speaker. She did a good job and was very insparational!
Here is the dining building.
We had a great time at the retreat. Pictured is Sam, after falling asleep in the car on the way back to our friend's house.
Before we headed back home, we got to spend a day with our friends. The weather was beautiful, and we took a nice walk down to a river near their house.
It was hard to leave...
Looks like you had a wonderful time! I'm so glad you had a great trip!
ReplyDeleteHold fast
~Morgan
I'm so sad Hannah and I didn't get to go with you, but I'm glad you had such a good time. Isn't it wonderful to be able to see all the fall colors down here?!?!? I was kicking leaves on my walk this morning being thankful for fall ;0) I want to hear what you learned on the retreat - you should e-mail me!
ReplyDeleteAunt Deb
I think you and your Mom must have had a wonderful time together. You all look so happy and refreshed!
ReplyDelete