This past month, Carrie, Paul, Emma and I have taken art classes from a friend who goes to our church. It's been very fun learning to paint with acrylics!
Landscape Painting by Emma
concentrating...
Bowl of Fruit Painting by Paul
Bottle Painting by Joanna
Apple Painting by Carrie
Dad thought it looked so fun he gave it a try...
I would have posted his painting too, but strangely, it's gone missing... hmm...
Those paintings are lookin good. Mine would have been lost with your Dad's.:) Is Chris or Pat teaching? What Scriptural lessons are illustrated or found in painting?
Hey Joanna! Thanks for the sweet note you posted on my blog. The play was great!! Even though I didn't have a big part, I had fun doing it. Sadly, next play will be my last play. :( I love our home school group and being home schooled... Well, hopefully I'll talk to ya today.
Hey, Joe! Yes, Pat was teaching this art class. ...How 'bout this for a scriptural illustration: This art class we focused a lot on mixing colors to get the right color we needed (since only a few colors were provided.) We found that mixing a tiny tiny tiny bit of black paint with a large blog of white paint makes the whole blob very black/grey; in the same way a tiny bit of sin pollutes the whole person.(And no, didn't just think of that right now... it was actually brought up during art class) :)
James 2:10 - For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.
(I'd like to say this was off the top of my head, but to be honest, I looked it up... well, actually, to be MORE honest, I read your comment and called, "Mom, what's that verse in the Bible that goes..." :) And she said, "look it up." :) :)
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThose paintings are lookin good. Mine would have been lost with your Dad's.:) Is Chris or Pat teaching? What Scriptural lessons are illustrated or found in painting?
ReplyDeleteHey Joanna! Thanks for the sweet note you posted on my blog. The play was great!! Even though I didn't have a big part, I had fun doing it. Sadly, next play will be my last play. :( I love our home school group and being home schooled... Well, hopefully I'll talk to ya today.
ReplyDeleteHey, Joe! Yes, Pat was teaching this art class. ...How 'bout this for a scriptural illustration: This art class we focused a lot on mixing colors to get the right color we needed (since only a few colors were provided.) We found that mixing a tiny tiny tiny bit of black paint with a large blog of white paint makes the whole blob very black/grey; in the same way a tiny bit of sin pollutes the whole person.(And no, didn't just think of that right now... it was actually brought up during art class) :)
ReplyDeleteHope everything is going well.
Joanna (and fam.)
Every good illustration of a truth, and the Scripture that makes it true?
ReplyDeleteCan't believe Sam is two! Precious little boy.
Opps after that comma its suppose to say (has to have a Scripture that makes it true:) i'm not quite sure how i skipped that.
ReplyDeleteJames 2:10 - For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.
ReplyDelete(I'd like to say this was off the top of my head, but to be honest, I looked it up... well, actually, to be MORE honest, I read your comment and called, "Mom, what's that verse in the Bible that goes..." :) And she said, "look it up." :) :)
:)
ReplyDeleteGood'en! or Gal 5:9 or 1 Cor 5:6