Monday, December 13, 2010

Road Trip Part 4!


From warm, sunny Palm Desert we headed north...

Avoiding I5, Dad took us through lots of snowy mountain passes where the "view" was prettier.


While driving through Carson City, NV, we stopped at a children's museum.


Then we headed up to Oregon (yep, I'm really whippin' through this) :) and stayed with a couple different friends that live around the Portland area. Next stop: Seattle, where we stayed with another friend, who had a great little house on the water in the Ballard area. The view from the window at night was wonderful, as you could look out across the water all the lights of the houses on the other side...

We stopped at our cousins house again while in Washington. On our last day of vacation before getting on the ferry, we went skiing on Mount Baker. Emma hadn't been feeling well the night before, so Mom stayed with the little kids while Dad and our uncle took Paul, Carrie and I.

gearing up
the ski lifts up were half the fun! :) :)


It took a while to get used to the skiis, but after a while Paul was going as fast as everyone else. (I was a little more on the cautious side, but of course I had to keep up with him!)

the view from the mountains was amazing!

We got on the ferry the next afternoon and had a good ride back to Ketchikan. Some of the people that worked on the ferry knew Dad from Sea Piloting stuff, so we were very well treated! :)

we all had a great trip... but we were ready to come home...
...goodbye red rock and outdoor pools and farms and cows and amusement parks and big cities and all our friends/relatives that live in the "lower-48"...

6 comments:

  1. You are all amazing. Not only are you log rolling champions, you can ski too. I love all of your posts, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures. You are a natural behind a camera lense. You also have the ability to say a lot in a very few interesting words like your Uncle Kent. Sadly that's not one of my strengths. Thank you for sharing your lives with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this reminds me a little bit of Narnia! I love all the pictures. It inspires me to go skiing...which I've never done. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures and information about your trip. I love the shadow picture and I noticed it on the Christmas card. Enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anonymous me! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) Thanks everyone for your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete