No matter how many grammar errors or spelling mistakes I've made in the few posts, you've got to be at least a little impressed. It isn't very often that you find a roughly literate person like me who knows how to spell 'Fjord'! :)
Anyway; We took the Champion out to the Misty Fjords for an overnight trip a couple weeks ago - just the family. Even though we've lived here my whole life, and have gone several times, it was still breathtaking.
Porpoises playing in the wake of our boat.
Bump. We all got a chance to touch the side of the sheer, barnacly cliff.
As we neared the end of the passage, the water turned a murky green.
Heading back out of the Fjords.
When we were out of the Fjords, we decided to take a walk on New Eddystone Rock.
We soon discovered that the little island was completely over-run with birds! Tons and tons of them!
Totally infested with crows and the rock itself being kind of a weird, eerie formation filled with black caves and scraggly bushes- It kind of had the feel of something out of a J.R.Tolkien novel.
We were quite a ways out in the middle of nowhere, but it felt pretty nice for a change.
Misty Fjords has got to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. I really enjoyed seeing these lovely photos. It was neat seeing New Eddystone Rock up close like that too. We flew over it and thought it pretty interesting.
ReplyDeletelove, Aunt Alice
Sorry to post as "anonymous" but I can't figure out how to post under my Google Account.
ReplyDeleteaunt Alice
Your photography skills are amazing! Those pictures belong in a book about life in Alaska. Really, just beautiful. I never did get to see Misty Fjords, and Yes! I am impressed that you know how to spell it. Miss you all.
ReplyDeleteLove from the Nasons