Saturday, October 17, 2009

An Alaskan Moment...

The other day, Carrie and I were out on our beach with some friends of ours, and seeing a group of whales surfacing nearby, we walked out to the end of the beach to watch them. There were a couple of large ones, and they were blowing and slapping their tails against the water. Then, one of the largest whales came all the way out of the water and did a magnificent breach!! We were all amazed! Carrie had her camera with her, and was able to snap a few pictures. It was a great Alaskan moment!


the ending splash...

4 comments:

  1. Wasn't that cool to be able to see that the other day? The "show" was spectacular! If only they came every day....
    hold fast
    ~Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing!!! Especially that first photo - I can't believe you captured it so well. Nicely done, Carrie!

    Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a blessing to witness such an event (did I say that with a twinge of wistfulness...hmmm:-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete